Dec 13, 2007

Embrace LIFE

Ways to Use It #144
I was so excited last night when my long awaited order from the Spring-Summer preview arrived. Of course, I have to sample the new stamp sets. I chose the Embrace Life set. I love the feel of Asian theme in this set. The challenge on SCS is to make Monochromatic cards. These cards are so fun to make. My color choices are Groovy Guava and Really Rust and using the DSP Ginger Blossoms, the background speaks for itself. I popped the 2 flowers in the main image for a 3-D look. The flowers were colored with Aqua Painter using Groovy Guava with color diluted first and went over with a darker color. I ran my Blush Blossom marker for a shadowed look on the flowers then I added the Stickles last.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Embrace Life, Canvas BG
Paper: Groovy Guava, Really Rust, DSP Ginger Blossoms, Very Vanilla
Ink: Groovy Guava, Really Rust, Blush Blossom
Accessories: DS Ribbon, Copper eyelets,Copper Cord, Stickles
Tools: Crop-a-dile, Aqua Painter

13 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is beautiful, love the monochromatic look of this card

Emily said...

Wow! This is stunning!! I love what you did with the ribbon and cord. Love the layout too!

pescbrico said...

Love that monochromatic card!

Erin McKinney said...

very pretty...the new DSP looks great!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Stunning card and design Chat! LOVE the color you chose, just gorgeous. Jennifer :)

Denise said...

Wow!!! Love the colors and stamp set- super super pretty!

(i just commented a minute ago but not sure if it went thru- i called you Jackie- so if it went thru, I'm sorry! Too many blogs, soo little time! lol!)

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Chat! Love this look!

Nancy Riley said...

Chat, you absolutely nailed the monochromatic challenge with this gorgeous card! WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

gorgeous! love the rust with the guava....beautiful!

Stephanie said...

ooh, very pretty card!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is just gorgeous, Chat! Love the monochromatic colors you chose! The layout is awesome!!

Amanda G said...

beautiful!

Margie said...

Absolutely fabulous!
Very inspirational :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...